Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, September 1, 2017

Eclipse - Part II

Every experiment leads to something!
My challenge to paint of, about or from the eclipse was
an interesting process.  I know my next documentation of
such an event will roll out a bit differently.


happy eclipse viewers

After posting last week's blog explaining what I was trying to do, I got back to business in the studio.
I'm happy enough with the results to move along to something new.  BUT, I did learn a lot about myself and my approach to a more abstract piece:

* I need to give it a lot more thought as opposed to merely diving it, planning helps even when one diverts from the original plan,
* for me, less is more!  More is congestion.  Stop while I am ahead,
* don't feel constrained by a literal interpretation, narrow the message,  
AND
* get back on the horse before I forget how to proceed!

Here are three of the pieces I worked on:


"Ain't No Sunshine"
mixed media on board, 3.5" x 16"
available


"Moon Shadow, Moon Shadow"
mixed media, 8" x 6", framed
available


"Just Passing By"
mixed media on paper, 12" x 9" framed
available

I was absolutely thrilled to discover that my sister had been moved to glaze one of her pottery bowls with a tribute to the eclipse (but neglected to send me the photo) and that my photographer friend Gene, of Gene's Scenes, had done some gorgeous work of it.  There's no time limit for reacting to this phenomenon so get your art on and share the results.  I'm betting that we will benefit in the near future from poets, musicians and dancers who also feel moved to react in some way.

HAPPY IN THE SHADOWS,
Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.